Saturday, June 27, 2009

My nerdiness is showing...

I can't help myself...I'm a big nerd at heart. Last Thursday I inadvertently found some very exciting items. I realize most people probably don't find my purchases/findings as awesome as I do, but I KNOW that there are a few people who will. So here you go:

I decided to pop into a bookstore while running errands and I happened upon a Microbiology coloring book! The cover (pictured below) depicts Koch's postulates and the book covers everything from fungi life cycles to ELISA's! It will definitely be making an appearance at ID study groups this fall...

After my exciting find at the book store, I went grocery shopping. Later that night I noticed something strange on a grocery bag that I had left on my table. The bag had pictures of boobs on it! I was a little disconcerted until I realized that my grocery bag had a step by step guide to do a self breast exam! I guess it's a logical place to put a public health message, seeing as how women typically buy food for their households. I give big creativity points for whoever thought of that one.

I'll post about something more relevant (ie a research update) later this week! Beijos!

No comments:

Post a Comment